Financial Advice

Interview with iCademy Globe

Sharon was featured in a recent iCademy Globe report by financial reporter McKenna Tucker. The K-12 online school newspaper is run and written by young entrepreneurs with the drive to succeed and share with others. Below is an excerpt, but be sure to read the full article.

I recently had the opportunity to interview Mrs. Lechter for The iCademy Globe and my financial column, “Money Makes the World Go ‘Round.” One of the first questions I asked of her was this: “Has financial literacy and education always been a passion of yours? If so, what inspired you to follow this passion?” “Financial education has always been an interest of mine throughout my life,” Mrs. Lechter responded, “But it became my true passion after my son Phillip ran into financial trouble in college. Unbeknownst to me he wracked up credit card debt. I thought I had educated him about money and staying out of debt like my father had taught me,” she continued, “In fact, I had taught him the same lessons my father had taught me — except there were no credit cards when I went to college. That is when I knew I had to do something different to help educate our nation’s youth about financial education in today’s rapidly changing world.”

Contact Sharon

Name(Required)

Previous Post Next Post

Recent Posts