Pay Your Family First is more than just my financial literacy company, it is a bedrock principle that successful, life-long money management begins at home. Before you can truly invest in your future goals, you have to invest in yourself. The biggest investment you can give your kids and yourself is an understanding of money and how to escape the rat race. Learn to make your money work for you, not the other way around! Empowering kids and families with the confidence to understand and tackle the complexities of fiscal responsibility creates strong communities and a wealthier future for all of us. That is what Pay Your Family First is all about and that is exactly what you need to do to help propel financial literacy in this country. Empower success in your family’s life! Here are the staggering statistics behind the lack of financial education in this country:
- Just 26% of teens understand credit card fees
- The average teen thinks that he/she will earn an annual salary of $145,000
- 76% don’t know if using a check-cashing service is a good choice or a bad one
- Only 34% can balance a checkbook
- 62% of 18- to 24-year-olds are saying very little or nothing at all
- 32% of college students are “not at all” or “not very well” prepared to manage their finances
It is our responsibility to help teach our kids through experiential learning tools and to empower the entrepreneurs of tomorrow. Check out some more of the ways we’re going just that at Pay Your Family First. Join us and help create a better financial future for your kids and the world.