As an entrepreneur, best-selling author, philanthropist, international speaker, mentor, licensed CPA and a Chartered Global Management Accountant, Sharon Lechter is the premier expert for financial literacy and seeker of success. She is the co-author of the international bestseller Rich Dad Poor Dad, and has written 14 other books in the Rich Dad series and built the empire into the world’s leading personal finance brand. Starting in 2008, she began working with the Napoleon Hill Foundation to help re-energize the brand and has released three bestselling books in cooperation with the Foundation, including Think and Grow Rich-Three Feet from Gold, Outwitting the Devil, and Think and Grow Rich for Women. Sharon has also released Save Wisely, Spend Happily, in cooperation with the American Institute of CPAs.
Sharon is a highly sought-after mentor and has worked with major brands like Disney and Time Warner and served on the first President’s Advisory Council on Financial Literacy. As CEO of Pay Your Family First, she has dedicated entrepreneurial efforts to the creation and distribution of financial education books, games, curriculums, and other experiential learning projects. Everything about Sharon’s career centers around impacting others to improve their financial IQ, access untapped potential personally and in business, and be the best.
But everything changed in 2012 when Sharon’s son unexpectedly died. All of Sharon’s successes seemed to fade into the background. She kept working, but on autopilot. She stopped playing at the level she always had and just started coasting.
Now, Sharon is back and playing big again, and she wants you to as well with the Play Big Movement. Don’t let whatever kept you playing small continue to dictate what you can achieve. It’s time to play big and master your money and time and create a legacy.
Sharon continues to be a committed philanthropist by giving back to world communities both as a benefactor and a volunteer and has honored with numerous awards.
Sharon lives in Paradise Valley, AZ with her husband and business partner, Michael Lechter, a powerhouse in the area of Intellectual Property, Organizational Architecture, and Publishing. Together, they love spending time with each other and especially like to get away to their dude ranch, Cherry Creek Lodge, where they can get “off the grid” (literally) and get recharged for their next big play.
Global Leadership and Advocacy
In addition to being the driving force behind building several multi-million dollar global brands, Sharon is recognized internationally as an expert on many topics, including personal finance, entrepreneurship, publishing and leadership, and has spoken to audiences all over the United States and the world, including China, Ghana, Uganda, United Kingdom, Japan, Brazil, and Ireland.
A member of the first President’s Advisory Council on Financial Literacy, Sharon served both President Bush and President Obama, advising them on the need for financial literacy in America as well as advocating for America’s support of financial literacy education internationally. Her impact has been across cultural and political barriers. A few areas of her influence include:
- 2020 Women on Boards Arizona Chairman 2017-2018
- Junior Achievement Worldwide Chancellor
- National spokesperson on the topic of financial education for the CPA Financial Literacy
- National Board of Childhelp
- National Board for Women President’s Organization
- Instructor for Thunderbird School of Global Management for both its Artemis Program and its partnership with the U.S. Department of State and Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women program
- Director for EmpowHer, America’s largest online portal for Women’s health issues
- Founding member and National Board of Women President’s Organization
- Passage of legislation, requiring that financial literacy remain within economics standards and
creating a separate statute for those concepts
- The creation and distribution of award winning financial education books, games and other
experiential learning products and programs through Pay Your Family First
Honors and Awards
Sharon is honored to have been recognized personally with an abundance of high visibility awards, including:
- Trendsetter Honoree- Trends Charitable Fund
- Changemaker of the Year Global Voice Award- World Woman Foundation
- Linda M. Herold Lifetime Achievement Award- In Business Magazine
- Lifetime Achievement Award from The Best You
- Napoleon Hill Entrepreneurial Excellence Award
- Personal Growth Hall of Fame Inductee
- Lifetime Achievement Award-Habitude Warrior International
- The prestigious International Profile Donna Award – Profile Woman
- Financial Educator of the Year – The National Financial Educators Council
- Gift of Wisdom Award – Florida State University’s Women for FSU
- Mary Lehman MacLachlan Economic Empowerment Award – Women President’s Organization
- Top 25 Dynamic Women in Business – Business Journal
- Woman of the Year – National Bank of Arizona
- Philanthropic Leadership Award for Positively Powerful Women
- Woman of Distinction – the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
- Spirit of the Children Award – Childhelp USA
- Top 50 Most Influential Women in Business – Arizona Business Magazine
- Edgewater High School Hall of Fame Inductee
And the journey continues…….
Hall of Fame Class of 2016
Napoleon Hill Entrepreneurial
Excellence Award for 2013
National Educators Financial Council
Financial Education Instructor of the Year
Lifetime Achievement Award
Best You Expo
Fill out the form and we will get back to you within 48 hours.